Official Saoirse Hirbawi Kufiya / Keffiyeh - Palestinian Scarf
A kufiya devoted to liberty and freedom, “Saoirse” (pronounced seer-sha) in the Irish Language, dedicated to the Irish People.
The Kufiya continues to hold deep and symbolic value, and serves as an icon of resistance, struggle and freedom for the Palestinian people.
The Hirbawi Kufiyas are all handmade using a classic cross-stitching technique honed over generations. The Kufiya is traditionally woven on two layers, the “base”, and the “pattern” or “flower” ( وردة) in Arabic. Beyond its unmatched quality, the Kufiya maintains its original functionality:
- Keeping you cool in hot climates under direct sunlight.
- Effective shielding against dust and fast-blowing winds.
- Excellent moisture-wicking properties, directing sweat and moisture away from the skin.
The Kufiya now comes in a variety of colours and patterns that are evolving alongside Palestinian culture. Today, a wide selection of designs are available, based on historic landmarks, and elements of Palestinian culture, as well as the traditional staple Kufiya patterns that are known and loved around the world.
- Warm and Comfortable
- Breathable and Moisture-Wicking Fabric
- Fabric weight: 170g/m²
- Dimensions: 47” x 47”
- 85% Cotton, 15% High Quality Synthetic